Saturday, October 23, 2010

First Look: Tina Fey, ‘Bossypants’

Comedienne, actress, screenwriter and now author Tina Fey is about to release her first book titled Bossypants … and here is our first look at the horrifying coverphoto for the book. I apologize in advance for any nightmares that may come from your viewing said coverphoto: This first look at Bossypants, due for release in [...]

William Shakespeare‘s magical play The Tempest, long-believed to be the last play he ever wrote, is coming to the big screen in a visionary new incarnation which was directed by the amazing Julie Tamor. In this version of The Tempest, the lead character Prospero has been turned into Prospera … played by Helen Mirren. Here are a few screencaps from the new promo video trailer:




While The Tempest is not one of the Shakespeare plays that I know best (I think I read it in high school or college, but only once) I am a big fan of new films based on Willy‘s legendary plays. I’ve spoken before about some of my fave movie adaptations (films based on MacBeth, Hamlet, Richard III, Much Ado about Nothing, Romeo and Juliet to name but a few) and this new incarnation of The Tempest looks really damn good. Helen Mirren is THE QUEEN and I am very much looking forward to seeing her take on the usually male role of the magician Prospero and making it her own. After the jump, check out the trailer and see for yourselves …




Blah. As much as I loathe Russell Brand, I think I might have to overlook his inclusion as best I can and see this film anyways. I’m of the mind that not enough people appreciate Shakespeare for the genius he was. All controversy aside (did he write his plays, etc.), the body of work attributed to him helped shape the English language … not only that, he tells a damn good story. I am really looking forward to seeing The Tempest. This trailer, Russell Brand notwithstanding, has really got me excited.



[Source]



latest facts
Usher
ezine articles
Marc Chagall
latest articles

No comments: